Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Zucchini spinach pasta



Okay, after I bragged that I converted the hubby, he announced today that he wanted spaghetti and meatballs! I had planned on making Zucchini Spinach Pasta recipe that I found on Sparkpeople Recipes. So, I made 2 dinners (just like the old days).

Check out that beauty of a zucchini! I picked it fresh tonight (check out the mud on my hand from all of today's rains). This recipe was delicious and low calorie. I omitted the goat cheese and did not even miss it. I also omitted the wine, since I am a red wine girl and did not want to open a white wine for just me. I made a double batch so I can have this for my lunch/dinner on Friday before the big race.

Nutritional Info


Fat: 12.5g
Carbohydrates: 53.1g
Calories:378.9
Protein: 16.2g


Ingredients

1 cup whole grain pasta
1 cup zucchini, sliced
1 pat butter
1 tsp. flour
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 oz. white wine
2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. dried italian seasoning
1 cup fresh spinach
1 oz. soft goat cheese

Directions: Put on water to boil for pasta and cook pasta according to package directions.

Meanwhile, cook zucchini in non-stick pan until browned, about 5 minutes. Set zucchini aside, and in the same pan, melt butter on medium high heat. Add flour and stir well. Cook the rue for about 30 seconds.

Add the chicken broth and stir until smooth. Then add the wine, lemon juice, basil, and dried herbs and cook for about 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, about two minutes, and then add the zucchini.

Drain the pasta well and add to the sauce mixture. Stir until everything is evenly coated. Crumble goat cheese on top and turn off heat.

Serve immediately, and enjoy!

Number of Servings: 1

I give this recipe two thumbs up!

My total calorie count for today is:

Calories: 1742 over by 92 calories (ate those damn licorice scottie dogs from TJ's and also ate the peanut butter filled pretzels), fat: 61 (over by 1) carbs: 261 (over by 9), protein: 53 under by 8

Whoo, I have to do better. I have to watch my planned totals and not snack too much. That's what happens when I buy the goodies from TJ's. My refrigerator is full of good things right now. I need to stay the course.


Lynda

1 comment:

  1. I made a spinach zucchini pasta too, but yours looks much healthier (and still as tasty, I'm sure)!

    I simply don't buy many goodies in order to resist the temptation by default! I also pre-cut my celery and have lots of apples, and good nuts on hand so my snacking desires are quickly curbed with better choices.

    I realize this post was written years ago, but hopefully you're still choosing to lead a health-conscious life!

    ReplyDelete