Monday, July 20, 2009

Thrive Chocolate Almond Smoothie

This mornings breakfast was a Chocolate Almond Smoothie -- Vegan style.

I have to be quite honest, when I decided to get back on the straight and narrow this morning after a not-so-great weekend of eating, I thought I would try this out. When I made it, it looked kind of yucky. This recipe makes 2 servings, one I had for breakfast and the other with my lunch. I looked at how much it made and thought about how hungry I was after returning from my 5 mile run this morning an thought I would gobble the entire meal up. But I did not. I had 1/2. And it held me over till 1:30PM today. I am amazed.

Ingredients:

1 banana (not pictured)
2 fresh dates (or you can soak them)
1/4 c. almonds (ground up in a coffee bean grinder to a powder)
1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
1 tbsp. hemp protein
1 tbsp. roasted arob powder
1 packet amazing grass chocolate (I added this ingredient)

Blend in blender.

Calorie count for 2 smoothies: 447, carbs: 60, fat: 20, protein: 16

It did not have that full, smoothie taste to it. In fact, the 2nd glass tasted better than the first. Next time I will mix it up before running. It did keep my hunger away for hours. I am hooked!

Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment