Friday, July 10, 2009

Smoothie for Breakfast


I woke up very sore this morning. I am not sure how to make myself "unsore". I hate to take pills, but I think I see a Motrin in my future. My lower back is tight (which almost never happens) and behind my balking left knee.

So, this a.m., I felt a little hungry but did not feel like a green drink (I do still have one cup of yesterday's in my fridge). So I mixed up a banana-mango smoothie.

Ingredients:

.75 c. frozen mango
2 scoops Lean 1 vanilla
.25 c. frozen banana
1 cup soy milk
1 tbsp. flaxseed
8 oz. Fage 0% greek yogurt

So, my calorie count is high on this smoothie, but I felt like I needed it (given no dinner last night after the big run).

Calories: 591
Carbs : 51
Fat: 15
Protein: 55

Pretty high calorie count, but my body craved it this morning. Plus, with the smoothie, a lot stays in my blender, so I don't know how accurate it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment