Monday, July 20, 2009

Portabella Mushroom wrap with zucchini










Well, I had planned portabello mushroom sandwiches (wrap) with sweet potato fries, but hubby went outside to turn the garden and told me that the zucchini are ready! So, change of plans. For the mushroom sandwiches, I just cut up some portabello mushrooms and added some olive oil and some hamburger spice from McCormick spices. I added some goat cheese and put them in a spinach wrap. So good!

Now for the zucchini: I had found a recipe in Runner's World magazine that looked good. It was called Zucchini with almonds and croutons. Well, we did not like it.

Ingredients:


3/4 c. almonds
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. cumin
pinch of salt

Mix the above ingredients in a bowl, place on cookie sheet and roast in oven for 8 mins. at 375 degrees.

Slice 1 lb. small zucchini into 1/4 inch slices cut into half moons. Saute for 2 mins. in a frying pan with 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Remove and put into a bowl to cool. Add the almond mixture and add 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar (white) and 1 tbsp. almond oil, 2 tsp. lemon juice, 2 tsp. shallots minced. Add 1 packed cup of mixed whole herbs, including parsely, chervil, dill and mint. Add 2 c. croutons and salt and pepper to taste.

Calories per serving: 360, carbs. 25, protein 10 fat 27g

Now, hubby and I did not care for this at all. I wish I didn't get this fancy and just made zucchini steamed with butter. It would have tasted better. We did not eat it all either. Oh well, that is how you learn.

Calorie count for the day: 1661, carbs. 192, fat 74, protein 59

So, I was over on the calories for the day, under on the protein, and over on my fat. Ugh! It is probably due to all of the almonds and the oils. I have to be better tomorrow.



Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment