Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pineapple-Mango Protein Shake

Well, since I started the Vegan mornings the past two days, my weight has climbed to 134lb. this morning.

So, I plan to go back to my old ways (that worked!). This morning I decided to concoct a tropical shake.

Ingredients:

1 scoup (1/2 serving) of Lean 1 protein powder - vanilla
1 scoup (2 tbsp.) of TJ organic hemp protein
1/2 c. pineapple
1/2 cup mango
1/2 banana
1/2 c. soy milk, vanilla (light) not pictured
8 oz. fage 0% (greek yogurt)

Just toss all in the blender till smooth and creamy.

Okay, the color is slightly disgusting looking. I guess I should save the hemp protein for when I make a green drink. But the taste was just what I was looking for. I guess I could never be a vegan. Food choices are so limited and I think I really need my dairy products. I felt tired. I slept like a rock last night. Got a good 7 hrs. of uninterrupted sleep, which is big at my age, as it doesn't happen too often.

Did my 1 hour of Detox yoga #2 from yogadownload.com this morning. I did not do any up-level positions. My body is tight and just not stretched out very well, probably from my running. I have my running group in Bristol this evening with the trail running 5K. It is supposed to be very humid here this afternoon, but at least the sun is shining!

Calories: 546 (ouch!) carbs: 76 (another ouch!) fat: 8, protein: 43 (yeah!)

Since I am running at 6:30PM tonight, my day's meals will be a little mixed up. I plan on a 2nd breakfast of cereal with blueberries around 11AM and then I have an appointment that will keep me out till 3:30PM. I will have my dinner around 5PM (tuna sandwich and roasted edamame), which I will post. Then after my run, I just plan a Peanut butter Larabar.



Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment