Wednesday, July 1, 2009

High protein fast lunch, not the best



Today's lunch was going to be the same as Monday's lunch. I cooked a few eggs and because the class at the gym today is the hardest of the whole week, 75 minutes HiLo with Beth, I need to make sure I don't overeat. The best way I have found is to have this egg sandwich. It fills me up. It is probably due to the protein. I have tried other meals, but because today's class at the gym is so challenging, I usually overeat. But, unfortunately, the best laid plans, undo. Because of a schedule change, I ended up quickly eating a hard boiled egg, 8 Tricuits (lowfat ones, not the ones pictured) and some Cabot's cottage cheese 0% fat 0 (1/2 cup). I also had 1/2 of a builder's high protein peanut butter bar and some Panda licorice (8) pieces. Totals for this not so great lunch: calories 375, protein, 26, fat 9, carbs 50, so I guess it is not too bad, but the sodium I am sure is high, plus I am still hungry. I will try to tough it out. Next is dinner and that planned ahi tuna steak dinner is now changed due to the lovely weather in Rhode Island, I cannot grill. It is pouring here and is cold. Is it really July 1st??????

No comments:

Post a Comment