Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ahi Tuna steaks, asparagus, sweet potato


Still hungry. So I feasted on a 4 oz. tuna steak (shared one oz. with my dogs/cats -- they begged). Really simple recipe. Got the tuna steaks frozen from Trader Joe's. Love that store. I grilled the sweet potatoes yesterday in the oven with a little EVOO. So, for the recipe for the above, I just brushed olive oil on the asparagus and lightly dusted the steaks and the veggies with lemon pepper seasoning (no oil on the tuna). It was so yummy. I figured I would eat a heavier meal at noontime and a much lighter dinner after the BIG RUN. Dinner will probably be left overs for 2 reasons, I have a ton of them in the fridge and I will be exhausted. I made a second plate of the tuna above for the hubby. The iced tea is TJ's mint iced tea with a little Stevia added for sweetness. I had 15 TJ's low fat ginger cat cookies for people. I think in a few hours I will be all digested and ready to go.

Calories for lunch: 386, carbs 44, fat 10, protein 31
Calories for cookies: 240, carbs 50, fat 4, protein 4 (I had 30 cookies)

No comments:

Post a Comment