Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Craving for Protein


I went out this morning for a 5 mile run. The weather here is beautiful, like fall. Perfect for running. It is only in the low 60's here in the morning and low humidity.

So, I ran on an empty stomach and while I am running, I am thinking about what I want to eat for breakfast! I was craving protein. Actually, peanut butter. So, I am eating breakfast which is a Fiber One wheat English muffin with Trader Joe's organic peanut butter with flax, one hard boiled egg and a plum.

And lots of water. I did drink a whole Sigg bottle of water before I ran (and one black coffee). Now I am into my second bottle.

Calories: 283, carbs: 32 Fat: 12 Protein: 15

Lunch is still not planned, but I am going to meet my running group this evening and run a 5k, so lunch may be my dinner (and a bowl of cereal may be my actual dinner), so I can run. Wow! That will give me 8 miles for the day. My big 10 mile race is one week from this Friday. I need to get some mileage in. Next weeks running will be light. I am really loving my run keeper program on my iphone. It tracks pace and mileage. I was able to maintain a 9:20 minute mile, which for me is an average pace. I am definitely not a fast runner. No aches or pains, which is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment