Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bocca burger, asparagus, grilled peaches for dinner


Tonight's dinner was very healthy. My hubby told me there was too much food. I think it was just perfect.

I grilled a bocca burger for me. I grilled a real hamburger for my "I am still a carnivore" husband. I also grilled asparagus (favorite veggie) and some Trader Joe's baked beans. These beans were so good and cheap! I love Trader Joes! I also had the idea to grill the peaches that I got at TJ's. They were really ripe and ready to go. I brushed them with a little EVOO and when I flipped them, I added some goat cheese. The creamy goat cheese with the sweetness of the grilled peaches was delicious! It was so good, hubby wanted to know why I put dessert on the dinner plate.

I finished the dinner off with a wine that hubby found in a wine magazine. It is called Casa and it is a Chilean wine from a company called Lapostolle. It is a Cabernet from 2006. Excellent, if you like a dry wine with a lot of legs. It is my new favorite.

Calories (if you ate the Bocca burger and were not a "carnivore": 576, carbs: 60, fat: 16 & protein 31

Dessert was a Trader Joes raspberry vanilla ice cream bar (80 calories)

Count for the day: (okay, okay, I had two wines---I told you it is my favorite)

Calories: 1524
Carbs: 214
Fat: 34
Protein: 66

All goals met. Let's see if I can run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment