Saturday, July 4, 2009

Yesterday was BAAAAD! Welcome to Rainy Vermont!

We did a little sight seeing yesterday. That is me in front of a covered bridge. It is very pretty here, even when raining. The rain is intermittent so we will try to walk a lot today. I need to.

Yesterday's eating started out so good and then went so bad. I blame the wine store we stopped at. We picked up a lovely bottle of Sharecropper wine (94 points). It is a Cabernet. It needed to breathe before we drank it.

So, my hubby and I had a couple of glasses before dinner. Our hotel is okay. It is clean and has Internet (yippee!). Our dinner was at a restaurant called The Common Man. It was a cute little place. We shared a cheese plate of Vermont's local cheeses. The creamy goat cheese was my favorite. The cheese came with warm Italian bread. I took photos of it with my iPhone, but I took my PC with me and cannot upload them till I return to R.I. (heard the sun is shining there). Then for dinner we had the small sized version of their creamy mushroom ravioli. I am not sure what was in it, but it was so good, it had to be bad for me. It had only 4 raviolis and I shared them with the hubby and he shared his gnocchi with scallops, also delish.

Then, to top off the bad evening, (besides finishing off a Chilean wine at dinner), we had Haagen-daz ice cream for dessert. Hubby had been craving real ice cream for weeks (I don't keep the stuff in the house, only skinny cow ice cream). So his craving is satisfied and my waistline is expanding. I blame him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment