Monday, July 6, 2009

I cannot believe I am saying this but I am glad to be back in Rhode Island!

o

Ok, Vermont is a beautiful state, but so remote. Nothing to do. The weather was bad until Sunday. I mean really bad. Pouring rain. And I never saw so many hippies in my life! They still think it is 1969 there. I could never live there. I guess I am a city girl at heart.

So, now back to my food choices for the weekend. VERY BAD. To give my self a little pat on the back, there were really no good choices to select from. The memorial was catered and it had tons of sandwiches that were loaded with mayo. I had egg salad since it was the only vegetarian choice. I did have chips, which in a way was good since I have not had Fritos in over 10 years. I did not enjoy them. Additionally, I felt crappy eating poorly. I did not have enough water all weekend. I ate cookies, pastry and white bagels... Ugh! Choices I would not make at home.

So, this week, I officially call punishment week! I do have to train for my 10 mile race, so I am off to run 5 miles this morning. I have scheduled another run on Wednesday (5k) with a running group in Bristol and then a 10 mile practice run on Thursday. I am also going to lift weights this am at Bally Total Fitness Powerflex class. Today is usually my off day from working out (yoga day), but since I could not exercise all weekend, I am off to get my day started and my week going in the right direction.

Only good eating this week. I also am reading a book on Vegan cooking called Thrive. It is supposed to give you good eating for running long runs. I need the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment