Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blueberry-Roobios Antioxidant Smoothie

To be honest, when I am mixing up this smoothie, I am thinking, "I am never going to drink this. It looks disgusting." This is another recipe from the book, Thrive, from Brendan Brazier.

Ingredients:

1 banana
2 c. cold water or 1 1/2 c. cold water, 1 c. ice
1/2 c. blueberries
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tbsp. hemp protein
1 tbsp. agave nectar
1 tbsp. hemp oil or coconut oil
2 tsp. ground rooibos (form of tea)

Mix in a blender. It is actually delicious. I'll let you know if it holds me through my crazy hi lo with weights class. I am having half now, half with lunch, which will be the remaining pizza from yesterday.

I think I ate too much yesterday. I woke up this morning with a very bloated feeling. My weight is actually up 4 lbs! (Lynda stop the wine at night). We will see how the week goes.

Calories for the above (2 servings) 430, carbs. 60, fat 21, protein, 9

Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment