Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Okay, I need a green drink!



So, I decided to make a green drink, since my breakfast had little "green" in it. I decided to experiment. The drink does taste good, which to me is surprising, given the ingredients:

1 cup of TJ mint-green tea, 1/2 c. Kombucha tea (fermented tea), which is supposed to be really good for you, but is definitely an acquired taste. I tried to drink it straight up, but YUK! It has a beer-type flavor and actually pops and fizzes when opened. I'll keep trying it, but ugh! 1 tsp. of Salba chia powder, 1 c. spinach, 1/2 c. black raspberries, 1/2 c. strawberries, 1 squirt of agave nectar (for sweetness), oh yeah, and my hidden ingredient, kelp. Yes, kelp, that annoying seaweed that gets wrapped around your ankles in the ocean. That is also an acquired taste. I read about that in my book, Thrive, that I mentioned before.

Now for my lunch/dinner:

1 piece of terayaki salmon
1 corn on the cob
1 serving baked beans (TJ's organic)

Now I am fueled up for my evening run. I am really full. I plan on a bowl of Cascadia Farms cereal for dinner with blueberries at approximately 4:30PM. The run is at 6:30 PM and I have to leave here at 5:30PM to get to Bristol in time to chat with the group before the run. It is only a 5K, but by the time I get home, it will be about 7:30PM and I do not plan on more dinner after that. Maybe some yogurt with honey, but that is it. I'll take pictures at the park. It is truly a RI treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment