Thursday, July 9, 2009

I ran 10 1/2 miles today!!!!!!!


Oh, I wish this was a picture of me. Look at those arms! This is how I feel inside right now after completing my 10 mile run today. This is what I would look like at my goal weight (125lbs) -- I think. Anyway, my friend Dottie and I took off on our journey to complete our practice run for our upcoming 10 mile race on July 28th. We wanted to run at around the same time of day to try and get a feel for running at night. We both usually run in the morning. I like running with Dottie because she slows me down. I usually keep a 9:27 pace and we ran at 10:53. So I still had energy by the end and I am not wiped out.

I am not hungry at all. I wonder why? I had planned on eating the bean dish from yesterday, but all I wanted was my 27 oz smart water. So, I am going to do what my body is requesting of me and not eat. Plus, it is now 8PM and one of my promises to myself was not too eat after 8PM, if at all possible.

So, notes to myself for the real run: put a band aid on my right foot baby toe. It ended up rubbing in my sneaker and now is a little red. Eat a good lunch that day for energy. Eat a noon that day (it worked wonderfully for me today). Bring water with my water holder! I forgot water tonight.

Anyway, no dinner tonight so no update. I'll fill you in on how I feel (if I can walk tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment