Saturday, July 11, 2009

Lunch at the golf club

This morning I had to run a few errands and go and see my 88 year old Nana. Unfortunately, she was already in bed at 10:45AM, so I ended up visiting with my Uncle and filled him in on my life so he can update my Nana.

Eventually, I ended up at the golf course where my hubby was finishing up his tournament. The day today was beautiful, dry and sunny. So enjoyable. They had a big spread of a cookout set up, but being a vegetarian was not on the mind of anyone who set up this meat-laden "man" cookout. Tons of beef, chicken, pork, more beef, etc. They also had potato salad full of mayo, but I am so done with that after last weekend.

I got the attention of my server and asked for their vegetable panini. This is definitely not a diet dish, but it was de-lish! It had grilled portabello mushrooms, zucchini, and grilled red pepper. It also had mozzarella cheese. I also ordered for my side, sweet potato fries. These were also very good and hot. Hubby helped me eat them. They did have a fruit salad at the cookout that none of the men there wanted, so I had a dish of that. I guess when you are filling up on all of that meat, you don't want to ruin it with fruit salad.

We hung around the course to see who won the tournament. Now we are home watching the NY Yankees play the Angels. GO Angels! (Don't let my hubby read this!) And having a nice glass of Bogle Cabernet. Resting the leg. Life is good. Probably won't have dinner tonight. Too full from the large lunch. So watch for a big breakfast tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment