Saturday, July 18, 2009

Feelin' Fat today




Why do I feel fat today?


That is the question of the day. My leg (hamstring) was feeling good the last couple of days, but today it is nagging me. And I was hungry! So, I had one blueberry muffin (made from last Sunday) with my coffee before I headed out to Powerflex class. I have been listening to Jillian Michael's Sunday radio shows and she said you should NEVER work out on an empty stomach. I usually always do this on Saturday. But, I felt bloated and fat this morning and lethargic. So, I had the muffin with my coffee.

Now, I come home from the class and I am starving! What is up with that? I was craving eggs, but since I am going to that shower for Brunch tomorrow, I am assuming there will be scrambled eggs there. So, I decided to have Kashi Go Lean Waffles. Very low calorie count at 160 for 2 waffles. Then I sliced a honey dew melon and dusted both with chia seeds.

I used (for the first time) the maple syrup we purchased when we were on our Vermont trip. This syrup will last my lifetime. We were driving down the mountain on the way to the reunion, when we saw all of the tubes in the trees in the woods. They led to the sugar house where they made the syrup. The sign on the man's house said "come on in for maple syrup". That 1/2 gallon cost $25.00, which I guess is a buy. He claimed it was processed that very same day (I don't believe it). It is very good and very sweet. You only need 1-2 tsps. Let's hope this meal tides me over till lunch. A lot of carbs.

Calories: 502, carbs: 106 (ouch!) fat: 9, protein: 16

No comments:

Post a Comment