Thursday, July 16, 2009

Last Night's Run @ Colt State Park





As promised here are the pictures of Colt State Park. It truly is a beautiful place. Only a 30 minute ride from my home. As you can see, I took the pictures at 8PM at sunset. 3/4 of the run is trail running in the woods, where they warned us that the horse might have been in there earlier today so watch out. The run was hilly and you had to watch out for the roots that were everywhere. And I mean big roots. Easy to trip on. I would much rather run along the water on the bike path, where you get the breeze from the bay, but it was still a lot of fun. I even beat a 17 year old girl. She was my pace person throughout the race. I like to find someone who runs my pace and stay behind them. But she slowed down too much at the end and that is where I got my burst of energy. All and all, it was a lot of fun, but I was exhausted. I did not end up having my blueberries and cereal (I am having that this morning), but I had leftover (2) pieces of the arugula pizza, some One coconut water (soooo good) and some cottage cheese (1/2 cup) and crackers. I craved salt for some reason. And one half of a cherry larabar. I used my new Polar 11 heart rate monitor. I am still not sure how to use it. I need to go on their website and read. Okay, off to work. I'll update again at lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment