Monday, July 20, 2009

Chili Kidney Bean Pizza Vegan-style

Lunch today was Chili Kidney Bean Pizza, again from the Thrive Book, by Brendan Brazier

I made this lunch today around 12:30PM, but had some interruptions, so I did not eat until 1:30PM and I wasn't even hungry from that tiny smoothie from this morning.

This "pizza" is flat out delicious. It smelled so good cooking. Even the hubby almost wanted to have some. Until he found out what it was made of. I am slowly converting him to my vegetarian ways. I used to have to make two meals per night and he is now trying out my dinners and liking them. He has lost over 20 lbs. from his "I am a carnivore" days. So he is an easy convert.

Ingredients:

Crust: 1 1/2 c. cooked brown rice, 1 1/2 c. red kidney beans, 1/4 c. coconut oil, 1 tbsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. chili flakes (I used red pepper seeds), sea salt to taste. Put all into a food processor and ground down to a somewhat smooth consistency. Roll out onto a 8 x 8 brownie pan, lightly greased with more coconut oil.

Topping: 1 tomato, sliced (I used several grape ones) 1/2 onion, sliced, 1/2 c. grated carrot, 1 tsp. oregano, 1 tsp. thyme (you can also add red or green sliced peppers)

Calorie count for the pizza (2 slices, but makes 4) 324, carbs: 55, fat: 16, protein: 8

I am still full but I do have to make dinner. I also gobbled some Chia seeds (soaked ones) before my run this morning. They really don't have a taste, but I love them for some reason. Maybe it is the consistency. They are really good for you.

I have been so good eating so far today. I'll check back in for dinner!
Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment