Thursday, July 23, 2009

Last Night's Run; Today's smoothie


Well, last night's run went really well. The best part about it is that I have managed to reserve October 11, 2009 for a 5k in memory of my son. I am very excited and will work really hard his weekend on all that I have to do to organize it.

Boy, was it humid in the park last night. I was exhausted! By mile 2, my legs felt like they weighed approximately 100 lbs. each. My time was still pretty good (anything under 30 mins. is good for me). The course is 1/2 in the woods and I ate my fair share of bugs last night. It is almost all uphill in the woods and when you come out, there is a long, gradual downhill. In my mind, I was reconsidering the goal of running the whole 10 mile race tomorrow. Maybe I should incorporate some walking due to the humidity. I am going to try to run it all -- we shall see how that goes. I am hoping for a lot of adrenaline.

This morning's smoothie is a concoction I made myself:

1 packet amazing grass berry flavor
1 tbsp. salba
1 tbsp. chia seeds, soaked
1/2 c. soy milk
1/2 c. european vanilla yogurt
1 c. spinach
1/4 c. raspberries
1/4 c. blueberries
6 medium strawberries
1/2 c. water
1 c. crushed ice

Blend away! It was actually pretty good. Calories: 371, carbs. 67, fat: 10, protein: 17

I still have 3/4 cup left to have with my lunch. I am not sure what lunch will be. I cannot figure out what I am craving right now.


Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment