Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tuna wrap with roasted edamame
















Well, I finished up my appointment earlier than scheduled and came home so hungry. But I stuck with my plan. I made a small amount of tuna with light mayo, shallots, celery and dried cranberries. Then I tried this roasted edamame (soy beans) recipe. It is delicious! Recipe is as follows (from sparkpeoplerecipes.com):


Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cups ready-to-eat shelled soybeans (edamame)

Nutritional Info

Fat: 7.9g
Carbohydrates: 9.4g
Calories:134.2
Protein: 8.7g



Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In small bowl mix all the ingredients until coated well. Roast beans in a shallow baking dish, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring once, until soybeans begin to brown. Yields 4, 1/2 cup servings.

Number of Servings: 4

Now I am off for my trail run. It is humid tonight! Wish me luck!


Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment