Saturday, July 25, 2009

I finished my 10 mile race!!!!!!

Exhilaration is the best description of how I feel. My friend and I completed the 10 mile race last night. The weather was perfect. 61 degrees with a breeze (we were by the ocean). What a gorgeous race. So many people were on their lawns cheering us on. It was by the far the best race I have ever run. There were people with hoses to spray you down, people with water, oranges, you name it. It was a big party! Some people had cookouts and had loud music playing, which pumped you up along the way. I am so glad I did this. I must have drank 13 glasses of water throughout the day yesterday. I drank most of it before the race, and some after. It was so much fun! Now we are planning on our first half marathon. Like my friend said "WE CAN DO IT!" And you know what, we started out at the back of the race and we started slowly. That worked for us. Then we started moving along, passing many people who had passed us. At the end we still had energy and really cranked it up. We had a 1 mile walk back to the car, which was a good way to cool down.

And the other best thing was when I got on the scale this morning........130 lbs., which will probably go up when I drink my 8 glasses of water today. But who cares! Runners high! It is the best!
emoticon

Now, for breakfast today, I had a bowl of cereal (Cascadian farms multigrain chex) with blueberries (3/4 c.). I had a walnut-date bar, called Kind, and I had a one coconut water. Oh yeah, add to that a couple of plums. And lots of water. I went to the gym this morning, which surprised my trainer. She couldn't believe we showed up. I did a weight lifting class, but used lower weights on my legs. My back is a little tight now, since the hubby decided today is a good day to clean the carpets. So I helped with vacuuming and moving stuff. Now I am outside on the deck enjoying the minimal sunshine we have here in Rhode Island and resting my back.

Calories for this mornings breakfast: 473, carbs: 88, fat: 8, protein: 9 (gotta work on that today to rebuild those muscles I tore yesterday).

I am very proud of myself that I did not eat anything when I came home from the race. I made sure that I hydrated well before, during and after the race and I ate enough to make it through it. I listened to Jillian Michael's radio show (a past podcast) and she said never have carbs before bed. If you are hungry, have protein. So, I am going to try to stick to that to get rid of these last 5 lbs.



Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment