Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tropical Smoothie

This morning I felt tropical. Well, I was craving pineapple for some reason. So, I mixed up a tropical smoothie for breakfast.

Ingredients:

1 c. coconut water
1/2 container 0% Fage
1 heaping tsp. of Salba organic ground chia seeds
1/4 c. pineapple
1/3 c. papaya (frozen)
1/2 c. mango (frozen)
1 banana (not pictured)
sprinkle of cinnamon

The above recipe makes 2 servings. One is my breakfast and the other I will have for my late day snack. I usually get really hungry around 3:30PM-4PM for some reason.

I am going to assume by the above ingredients, I got a lot of vitamin C. I am currently reading Thrive, by Brendan Brazier. He is a vegan and uses some unique ingredients to help him get optimal performance in sports and life. He is big into Chia seeds, sprouted seeds, etc. So you may see some different recipes if I get so adventurous.

Calories for breakfast AND snack: 530, carbs: 86, fat: 8 protein: 37

I am heading off for the 1 1/2 hour Hi Lo with weights class with Linda. At the end, there is 15 minutes of abs on the ball and 15 minutes of yoga stretch. Hopefully, I will burn off most of this smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment