Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Black Bean Avocado Salad with Corn

Well, I had my lunch and my dinner all planned. What do they say about your best laid plans? Tonight I am joining a new running group. They run at Colt State Park in Bristol, Rhode Island. It is running on roads and trails. I am not a big fan of trails due to the mosquito factor. I will spray "Off" on me tonight. My original plan for dinner tonight was this bean dish that I found on katheats.com blog. Then my lunch was going to be heavier, tuna steak and grilled veggies (sweet potatoes and broccoli). So I grilled the veggies and my hubby came in an announced that since the sun is shining and since he is in a golf tournament tomorrow, he is not eating dinner with me, he is eating at the Club. So, since I am relieved of my "duties", I put my roasted veggies in the fridge for tomorrow and put the tuna steaks on hold. Then I made this lovely bean dish for later tonight. So, I was carb starved from my killer workout, and I ate watermellon, triscuits and cottage cheese for lunch. New plan for today is for me to eat this bean dish around 4PM and then go running for 6:30PM. So the ingredients are as follows:

1 can black beans
1/2 red bell pepper
1 corn on the cob, cooked and de-cobbed
handful of cherry tomatoes
1 avocado, diced

Dressing ingredients are 1/2 squeezed lime, dash of cumin, dash of hot sauce, dash of chilli powder and dash of garlic powder, couple of shakes of salt. Combine before assembling the above veggies.

This makes 2-3 servings.

I put it all in fridge so the flavors can meld together. I'll let you know how tasty it is.

Calories for this dinner 374
Carbs 59
Fat 12
Protein 15

Calorie count for my quickie lunch of triscuits and cottage cheese: 310, carbs 47 (much needed), fat 6, protein 19

Add to this my dessert of Fage 0% and blueberries and my totals for Wednesday are as follows:

Calories 1228
Carbs 189
Fat 23
Protein 82

So, if I stick to the above foods and don't blow it when I return from my late run, I am under on my fat count (I stored enough from the weekend to make up for it) and under on my calorie count by a little. I may throw a Larabar in my car in case of the munchies.


1 comment: