Monday, July 27, 2009

Great morning smoothie!!!!


Here are some pictures of the views I had during my 10 mile Blessing of the Fleet Race. Rhode Island is a beautiful state (in the summer). The race finished at the Coast Guard House, where they gave us a complimentary beer. We did not go up and have one, however, since after doing something healthy, I am just not into alcohol afterward.

Well, I mixed up a fantastic smoothie this morning for breakfast and forgot to photograph it!!!!! Ugh! I just winged it and put ingredients in that I felt like having.

Ingredients are as follows:

1/2 c. of soy milk
1/2 c. of blueberries
1 scoop of Lean 1
1 tbsp. Salba
1/2 medium banana (frozen)
1/2 c. frozen mango
2 tbsp. of Chia Seeds
1/2 c. water
1 c. crushed ice

This made 2 1/2 cups. I had the first 1 1/2 this morning after my 5 mile run. I am having my 2nd cup before dinner (late afternoon).

Calories: 435, carb: 61, fat: 16, protein: 22

Now for lunch I made a tuna sandwich with tuna (packed in water), chopped onion, celery, dried cranberries and tsp. of light mayo on a 1/2 Joseph's oat flax pita. I also had 2 servings of Special K protein water, 1/2 amazing grass chocolate bar, 1 plum

Calories: 264, carbs: 34, fat: 6, protein: 26

So, as you can see, I am doing well on the protein front and I have plenty of calories left for dinner.

I am alone for dinner tonight (hubby is in another golf tournament). I think I will grill eggplant.


Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment