Sunday, July 26, 2009

Last nights too many wines.....

Okay, I''ll be honest, I am not super woman. I am a little stiff around the hamstrings but also my right side is tight. So, yesterday, I sat out in the sunshine, got a little tan and enjoyed every minute of it.

Later, the hubby came outside with a glass of Bogle Cabernet and I moved to the shade and enjoyed.

Now here comes the realization that I am not "Super Woman". While we sat chatting, I kept closing my eyes. Right in the hubby's face! Wow! I guess I was tired. Well we did clean the entire house, after I lifted weights at the gym, after I ran 10 miles.... so I guess I should not be so hard on myself. I planned on grilling some tuna steaks and some veggies, but I think the fact that I fell asleep sitting up was a clue that maybe we should go out for dinner. We ended up at Wannamoisett Country club. Now, it was a beautiful evening and while we were sitting chatting and waiting for our 6:30PM reservation time, I had another wine. It was helping my tight muscles somehow.....

We change our clothes and head over, meet up with friends who joined us for dinner (including my running pal) and had TWO MORE WINES!!! YIKES!!! What is that, like 450 calories? I had one cheesey roll with butter, honey bourbon salmon and some grilled asparagus and grilled corn. Yummy! We had great service, great food and great friends. And I had too much wine. I also had a ton of water. Still drinking water today. Probably wine related.

This morning's breakfast (still sore in my right side) was the same as yesterday, Cascadian Farms multi-grain squares and blueberries. I have also had some TJ's oat-flaxseed multigrain crackers and light cheddar cheese slices. And a peanut butter Larabar. So I am good till dinner. I guess this is called Recovery Mode, literally. (on a side note, I did have these wines over the course of 8 hours)

Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment