Thursday, August 6, 2009

Too Many Calories, but good food

a


Well, I need to start with last night's run. It was so humid in the woods. I actually had to walk part of the run. I just could not do it. I was mad at myself for taking my vitamins at 4PM and eating those Triscuits so late. Ugh! Half the race, I felt like vomiting. Burped all the way. Just awful. I guess I need to learn from my mistakes and this was a big one.

This morning, I woke up bloated and sore. My upper back hurts. I am not sure why, but I blame the class I took in the morning with Beth. I must have done something to hurt this much.

Now, onto today's meals:

Breakfast: I had a pure protein drink. It was good. I poured it over crushed ice. Then I had a bowl of Kashi Autumn Harvest Wheats and blueberries. Very Good, Very filling.

Lunch was a hollowed out french bread stick with homemade egg salad. This is basically hardboiled eggs, chopped scallions, and light mayo. Add a couple of plums.

Dinner was so good. I chopped up 1/2 an avocado, 1/4 c. black beans, 2 Joseph's oat-flax tortillas (small size), 1 piece of light swiss cheese, 1 chopped tomato. I just put all the ingredients in the tortilla, rolled it up and put it in my frying pan, sprayed with Pam. Additionally, the tomatoes I have are from a friend's garden and they are just starting to turn. So, I put some on the side for a side-dish. Added a little motzarella. Yummy!

Calorie count: 1795 (over my total req'd. by 35), carbs: 235, fat: 55, protein: 97

Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment