Sunday, August 9, 2009

Great run, great running friend!

So my friend and I planned on running 7 miles today so we can prepare for our 5 miler next weekend. She had the route all mapped out and I put on my gps (run keeper) app and off we went. It was a really nice route she mapped out. It ended up being 7.26 miles in total for the run part. We walked home another mile.

Our run was all through Rumford and actually almost went by my house. We ran by the back of Wannamoisett CC, down Roger Williams Avenue by the water where the breeze picked up. It is starting to get humid here, but is still very cool and quite enjoyable for running. No sunshine now, but there was some on our run.

On the way back, our ending point was the Seven Stars bakery in the Rumford Center. If you have not been by here, you need to check it out. The food inside the bakery is amazing. There coffee is fabulous. I had a ginger scone, with large pieces of ginger in it. I am assuming there was approximately 410 calories in that scone, so it probably canceled out much of my running, but it was so good. I had an iced coffee and they do what I do and put coffee ice cubes in hot coffee to make the iced coffee. So good and your coffee doesn't get watered down. The bakery is truly a treasure for Rumford.

I know the hubby wants to eat healthy the next few days because of the bad eating he did during his golf tournament, so I have to start planning!


Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment