Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blueberry-Hemp nut smoothie


This is how my body feels this morning (See pic of my fat cat). I had fish and chips for dinner last night. It was a craving. BIG MISTAKE. It is good to do this to remind yourself why you eat healthy. I bravely stepped on the scale this morning and the fish and chips did not disappoint. Up 4.4 lbs. I didn't even finish my dinner last night. I also did not run yesterday. My leg has quite a bruise on it from my fall this week and the skin is tight from the abrasion. I have the 5 miler on rolling hills (this part scares me) tomorrow, so I am resting up. Did go to Powerflex class and upped my weights a little (punishment for the bad dinner?).

So, after class, I decided to mix it up with a smoothie. I had a ton of blueberries hanging around, so I added 2 cups to the blender, 1 c. TJ soy milk, 1/2 banana, 1/2 container 0% fage, 2 scoops Lean 1 protein powder, 1.4 c. black raspberries and the newest ingredient: Nutiva Shelled Hempseed. I have to say the hempseed smells so good, really nutty. I was hoping I would taste it in the smoothie, but I did not. Hempseed has a ton of protein (33%) AND 9% Omega-3. This recipe made 4 cups. I ended up having two cups. Calories: 413, carbs: 49, fat: 12 and protein: 29

I am eating out for dinner this evening and I plan on having some edamame, avocado and tomato salad for lunch. Dinner is Pasta night. I better load up on the veggies!

Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment