Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Popcorn for dinner????


Yes, I did have popcorn for dinner. I was doing so well for the day, too. I started the day with an amazing grass smoothie that had arugula, chocolate amazing grass, blueberries, chia seeds, salba, hemp protein, soy milk and strawberries.

Good start to the day with 398 calories and lots of protein. Then I had some leftovers (again) for lunch. The eggplant - quinoa dish from last week. I have to admit, I am not liking quinoa. I won't give up on it, but also will not be making that recipe again. Well, maybe I will try it with the smoked motzarella cheese. It could be better, but that recipe was time consuming. The quinoa never held together very well in the pattie form either.

Now, today I worked really hard on getting another certification in QuickBooks. I passed!!!!! Now I am certified in Enterprise Solutions! The more certifications, the better. So, passing the test and watching all of the tutorials took most of my day. So, when hubby wanted dinner, I made him grilled cheese. Since we purchased the new refrigerator, I tossed out all of my old wheat bread. I tried Ezakiel, but just don't like it. Tried a couple whole wheat ones from Stop and Shop, again .... yuk. Slices too large and they just don't seem to be real type of bread. No flavor. So, since there was no bread and no cheese left for me, I decided to pop up some Act butter-lovers popcorn. Of course, I ate the whole bag (with the help of my dog, Sasha). Added a little parmesan cheese and voila....dinner. Not the best, but when I entered all of the food I ate today in Sparkpeople.com, I was okay. How did that happen with the dinner I had????

Which is a good thing. My usual 75 minutes of crazy Linda's HiLo weight class was missed by me due to the work I did today. I only worked out for 19 minutes doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred level 3, parts 2 and 3 on www.youtube.com. Walking pushups, etc. got me sweating but by no means equals my usual workout. But, I passed my test and I am so happy! Now tomorrow, I will make up for the missed class. Which means Beth's killer HiLo with weights class. This class is way worse than Linda's. I will also try to get a little yoga in as well. Good for runners.

Then I also have my running group tomorrow evening. I cannot wait. It is so much fun. So, tomorrow's calorie burn will be high. I need to get on track with planning my eating better. I have fallen off the track. Sometimes, I feel like cooking, sometimes, not. But the hubby will be at a golf tournament at the end of the week. That means no cooking dinners for him for Thursday - Saturday. That makes life so much easier. He also informed me (from looking in our cupboards and our recent refrigerator move) that we need to concentrate on eating the food we have and not adding to the stored food. Our cabinets are full! So, I will work on emptying them out. Plan Plan Plan.

Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment