Sunday, June 28, 2009

My new blog!

Hi There! Welcome to my healthy living blog. I am creating this blog to keep up with my healthy living and get to my goal weight which is 125lbs. I have a long way to go, since I don't exactly lose weight too quickly. A little bit about me: 47 years old, current weight is 138 lbs. I am training for running in my first 10 mile race. In the picture below, I just finished my 5th road race this year. I ran in the Estero race for the cure in Estero, Florida in March. My next race was a 5k in Rhode Island (part of the Cox Road Races), then onward to my very first 10k at Colt State Park. Last weekend, I ran in the Will Speck 5k race in Cranston, RI and this weekend, I ran in the Scott Gorham 5k right here in my home town of Rumford, RI. So far, my very best time for a 5k is 28:05. I did that in May, 2009. I will be documenting all of my foods eaten, so it should keep me honest. :)I plan on starting that phase tomorrow. This is just my introductory blog. I am getting to be a blogging junkie. My favorite blog is katheats.com. She is great and so healthy. Fabulous cook too. So, here is my new goals for July:

1. Keep my calorie count to under 1400 kcals per day. (This is going to be tough for me).
2. Exercise 1 hour minimum every day. (This will be easy because I love to exercise).
3. Do more yoga! I currently do yoga 2x per week for 60 minutes. I love the website www.yogadownload.com. I do yoga right from my home.
4. Try to run 10 miles per week. I will need to increase this because I have the 10 mile race coming up.
5. Walk short walks with the hubby and dogs each night. Probably a 2 mile stroll is a better description.
6. Keep track of all foods eaten.
7. Get 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night.
8. Limit wine intake to weekends only, 1 glass per time.

So, that is my goals. I hope to be at the 125lb. mark by 9/30/09. I need to get thinner before an upcoming wedding and before I return to my home in Florida for the winter season. I probably should not have left there this year, since here in Rhode Island there is no such thing as summer this year. Good for running, but I miss my vitamin D.

Lynda

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! It looks like you will definitely reach your goal. You have a reasonable goal, and a plan which should more than get you there.

    ReplyDelete