Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sticking to the Game Plan

Day 6:

Okay, sorry I did not post the pic of my pasta dish from Sunday.  To be honest, the dish was quite bland.  Instead of the Parmesan cheese that was recommended as "optional", I used smoked Gouda.  So it made the dish at least have a flavor. That did add calories, but I just shaved the Gouda and only used less than one ounce.

 Yesterday's dinner was scrumptious:
I made a swordfish steak and just grilled/steamed it in a tsp. of olive oil and some lemon pepper seasoning. For the side, that is a big portion of sauteed spinach that I cooked with a small amount of water until it wilted and then added a pat of butter (real kind).  Also, I cut up 1/2 of an avocado and squeezed some lime onto it.  Delicious and low calorie and good fats.

This morning I was up at 3:50AM.  I have accomplished so much already.  6 1/2 mile run- check done! Dog walk- check done!  Garbage out-check Done! etc. etc.  I ran with the running group that meets at 5AM and I am so glad I did.  Good run, good friends.

For breakfast today I have had 4 egg whites and 1 small individual package of egg beaters, scrambled with 1 c. spinach and some fresh basil chopped up in it.  I did spray my pan with a  little olive oil pam.  For my "side" I just put a little fresh salsa.  That should keep me full till lunch time.  Oh, yes, and I am having my chocolate-pistachio green tea with honey.  It is the only green tea I like.

Lunch today will be small.  Another Bocca Burger and that black bean - avocado - corn dish from Sunday.  Snack will be an apple.

Tonight's dinner is at Naples Flatbread and Wine Bar.  I will order my favorite dinner, the Mediterranean flatbread.  It will be cut in half, as they serve such large portions there.  And this is my only wine night.  I have not had one glass since 3/31/10 - part of my detox/cleanse plan.  

And it is working (down 2 lbs already).  I feel better and my run today was a great one.  Felt like I could keep on truckin! What is that old adage?  You are what you eat.  So true.


Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment