Sunday, April 4, 2010

1200 Calories

Okay, so I got the idea about 1200 calories from the biggest loser show. And from entering my settings on www.Sparkpeople.com website. But after reading several articles regarding women in the over 45 age group needing 1 hour of exercise per day to MAINTAIN their weight and reading how women after the age of 45 start to have their metabolism slow down and require less calories per day than before that magic number to MAINTAIN. I figure it is much better (for weight-loss purposes) to keep the calorie count in 1200-1299 range and exercise every day.

Today's breakfast was oatmeal pancakes (this is a file pic-I did not add banana):

Oatmeal pancakes

I found this on www.sparkrecipes.com.  It is delicious, easy to make and makes 3 servings.  And did you check out that protein count?  Awesome.  Especially for vegetarians.

Now, since it is Easter Sunday, I am planning on a long dog walk (long for them is 2-3 miles) and 1 hour of weight training with a short bike ride today to the gym.  It is supposed to be another glorious day, sunny and in the mid 80's.


Lunch will be an avocado-bean salad and a bocca burger (more protein) again found on www.sparkrecipes.com.






Snacks for the day include a serving of 100 calorie Orville Redenbachers kettle corn fat free popcorn, a handful of apple chips from Fresh Market and 1 skinny cow vanilla ice cream sandwich for dessert.

Does that sound like 1200 calories?  Well it is if you measure and pre-portion out those serving sizes.  The total calorie count for the day only comes to 1,234 and I am well within my protein and fat and carb numbers that work for me for weight loss.

I will update and post pics of the dinner later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment