Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday Monday

 Today my hubby comes back from wet, rainy Rhode Island. He is in for a treat because it is 75 degrees and "bountiful" sunshine today.  I love the way the weathermen down here come up for new ways to describe sunny weather.  Makes me glad I live here.

So far, for breakfast, I had a smoothie.  It looks like I did that alot when I was successful with my weight loss last year.  So, I am coming around full circle.  The smoothie consisted of:

1 c. fresh squeezed OJ
1 scoop Pure Protein brand whey protein in Vanilla
1 c. frozen unsweetened strawberries
1 tbs. flaxseed
1 small container of Fage 0% greek yogurt, vanilla flavor

Total Calories for breakfast:  458, carbs 52, fat 7, protein 30

The higher carbs will help me to fuel.  Today I went for a 20 min. dog walk (aka stroll) and then went for a two mile run to my gym and did the full circuit with heavy weights.  Then I ran to where the alligators are and did 100 pushups off the wall.  Then I walked 1.3 miles home.  Whew!  Since I was not hungry this morning, I only had 2 cups of black coffee and 2 large glasses of water before the workout above.  Had the smoothie at 11AM after the workout.  I know the experts say this is bad, but I am going to try to eat when I am hungry and stop when I am not. 

Now, for dinner tonight.  As I said yesterday, the hubby wants to lose some weight.  So I made my famous Pea soup.  I will post on that later and take a nice picture of it with the recipe.  I found this interesting article on Prevention Magazine, which I would like to share:

One woman’s scale diary

Don’t let the number determine your self-worth! One 40-something Prevention reader shared how her weight fluctuated in 1 day.

7:15 AM: 133.8 lb, Right before hopping in the shower

8:30 AM: 137.5 lb, Wow, my clothes weigh 3.7 lb!

9:15 AM: 138.7 lb, Gained 1.2 lb from breakfast

10:30 AM: 137.9 lb, Bathroom break, -0.8 lb

1 PM: 135.8 lb, Lost 2.1 lb, thanks to a sweaty cardio workout

1:30 PM: 137.4 lb, Up 1.6 lb from lunch

4 PM: 138.6 lb, Gained 1.2 lb, probably from all the water I was drinking

5:30 PM: 137.5 lb, Bathroom break, -1.1 lb

11 PM: 140.8 lb, Yikes! Gained 3.3 lb—probably the pasta I ate and the wine!

11:30 PM: 137.1 lb, Undressed—huh, gained 3.3 lb since this morning

7:15 AM: 135.4 lb, Lost 1.7 lb while sleeping



Now, my weigh-in at the gym today (fully clothed and all I had was the two coffees and two large waters) was 140 lbs!  Ahhhh!!!!!!!  But I don't feel that fat today, what is up with that?


Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment