Sunday, September 13, 2009

Has anyone tried the Amazing Grass Products?


Sunday, September 13, 2009

I am big into protein powders as way to get my protein numbers up on the nutrient calculator. I love the products from Amazing Grass and in a recent order, I tried the Amazing Meal Pomegranate Mango infusion in my "green" smoothie. It is delicious! I have tried all sorts of protein powders and now this one is a new favorite. You can find it on www.amazinggrass.com. For some reason (I wasn't sure if it was all in my head), I feel energized when consuming their products. I am always trying to find ways (because I am a vegetarian) to get my daily protein. When I do not have my smoothie for the day, it is very difficult. I was eating eggs till I read that story in the ProJo (local newspaper) about how egg processors throw the male chicks into the machinery to kill them because male chicks do not produce eggs. It makes me ill to think of that. I have been researching other ways of eliminating the dairy products or at least minimizing them. I have been reading the raw food way to eat. All interesting, although I am not sure I would take the plunge.

Sometimes in the morning it is tough to look at a green smoothie, but boy does the one I made with Amazing meal taste good. The ingredients I used are:

1 c. soy milk
1 medium banana
1 scoop Amazing Meal
1/4 c. raspberries
1 c. baby spinach
3/4 frozen mango
crushed ice


Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment