Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Finish for a Guinness 5k in Warren RI

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Boy, did we have fun at this race. The fun part is there is a group of us that goes to these 5k's from the gym. Our Trainer, Linda, wants to beat everyone, especially her 15 year old son. Well, it is kind of hard to beat someone who is 20 years your junior. He usually runs with us and as soon as he sees that 3 mile marker, he looks back to see where we are and those 15 year old legs turn on the steam and blow us away. That is Eric (her son) in front and I am in pink in the middle and Linda is in pink behind me. :)



Of course, the food after this race was spectacular. There were approximately 300 people running in this race. At mile marker #2, a sign was posted that said "only one more mile to your Guinness". We all had a good laugh at that one. The food after this race was donuts, watermelon, apples, bagels, oranges, brownies, cookies, clam chowder and of course, beer.



The best part of the race is that I beat my trainer by .10 seconds! I always beat her (and she is 7 years my junior and I have bad knees right now). But she forgot her inhaler (boy do we sound old or what?). So, I cruised past her at the last leg of the race. I do this to her all the time. I never knew I had a competitive side!



Looking forward to two weeks and the CVS 5K. I better work on my speed because I know Linda, my trainer, told me she is done letting her "elders beat her and I am going down!"




Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment